Friday, March 20, 2009

Scottie's Proposal


On January 12, Scottie and I were visiting Las Vegas and staying in the Paris Hotel. Scott had planned a special dinner for us that night at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant followed by a trip to the top of the Eiffel Tower. We ate lamb and duck as we watched the Bellagio Fountains for a few hours. When it came time for dessert, Scottie asked me what I was in the mood to eat. I told him I wasn't really in the mood for dessert but if he wanted something he should just order it. He eventually tricked ME into ordering a tiered dessert made with bananas and white chocolate wafers. About a half an hour later, our dessert arrived under a big silver lid on a platter. The waiter set down the dessert and told us that it was very hot. Knowing that we had ordering something that was served cold, I put my hands up next to the dish and told Scottie it wasn't hot at all. After a few seconds, I pulled my hands away and noticed all the nice designs in chocolate on the platter. It was then that I saw the words "Will you marry me?" written in chocolate syrup on the bottom of the dessert plate. I looked at Scott and said, "Yes," of course. He got down on one knee and asked me again. He then took the crystalized sugar decoration off the top of the dessert and picked up my ring which had been sitting on the top tier the entire time! When Scottie got back into his seat, he looked at me and said, "What was your answer?" I felt so bad because he didn't hear me say, "YES!"
He had the waiter, the chef, and a photographer all in on his plan, which turned out perfect!
After we finished dessert and coffee, we rode to the top of the Eiffel Tower and watched the Bellagio Fountains a few more times! It was a perfect evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment